Mean mommy


According to Taylor I am the "meanest mommy ever and no child should have a mommy like me". Yeah I know that's pretty harsh. It seems that Taylor has decided that since she is 9 she is a grown up and no longer has to do what her dad and I ask her to. Over the past year she has become more and more defiant. I have had moments where I won't let her get away with it and moments where I don't give a fuck and tell her can do whatever she wants I don't care anymore. Yes, I know I won't be getting any mommy of the year awards anytime soon.

Well over the past 4 weeks, since Abigail has come into our world! I have decided that I have a no tolerance policy now. This goes for Taylor and her sister's. I tell them up front what will happen if they don't listen and then I nicely ( I think anyways) give them until the count of 3 to do what I asked. Even Madison (2yr old) has figured it out and will usually straighten up by #2. Taylor just can't get it. And to make matters worse she argues, or will try and tell me what she's going to do. I just don't know what to do anymore. She has ADHD (BAD!!) and no impulse control, which is part of the problem. She is also the worst listener ever! So every night ends in a argument. She has yet to understand that when it's bedtime...it is in fact time for her to go to bed and stay there. I don't give a rat's ass if she can't sleep. I don't care if she has to pee 50 times (yes she will come and announce it every time she gets up to go), I don't care if one of her friends was mean to her at school today (I really do, but bedtime is not the time to discuss). She is "the queen of excuses".

So I told her last night that she was to get in bed at 0830 and read until 0900, then it was lights out. This has been our routine for awhile, but it fell out of habit when Abigail was born. Did she do it...no. Was she up out of bed 34 times...yes. So I told her tonight bedtime was 0830 and no reading time. Was she out of bed..yes, she just wanted to show me what she was going to wear tomorrow. Like I wouldn't see her in the morning.? When I told her tomorrow night she would go to bed at 0800 and no reading time she said "No, I will go to bed at 0900 when I'm supposed to". I then explained that from here on out, for every night she didn't go to bed on time, her bedtime would go back 30min. I told her if she had to come home from school and get straight in bed that maybe she would learn a lesson. That is how I became the meanest mommy ever. God forbid that I want my child to get a descent night sleep!

0 comments: