At Just the Right Moment

My mom was always there for me. No matter what.
(this is my favorite picture of the two of us)

I was going through a box of recipes that I have collected over the years. It had been packed away in storage and not found until recently. Buried in this recipe I found a sandwich bag full of newspaper clippings and cards with quotes on them. Once I open it up and started going through it...it made me smile....and cry.

Once I grew up and was out on my own....things weren't always easy. My mom was not always one for words, but she always let me know she was thinking about me. She would cut articles out of the paper she knew I would enjoy. She would slip those quote cards into my purse for me to find on a random day. She was always thinking about me.

I wanted to share one of these quotes with you all....I think it's just what I needed today!

Daily Guide to Happiness
PRAY:
It is the greatest power on earth.
LOVE:
It is a God-given privilege.
READ:
It is the fountain of wisdom.
THINK:
It is the source of power.
BE FRIENDLY:
It is the road to happiness.
GIVE:
It is too short a day to be selfish.
PLAY:
It is the secret of perpetual youth.
LAUGH:
It is the music of the soul.
WORK:
It is the price of success.
SAVE:
It is the secret of security.

I'm not sure where this came from there is no author on the card. It spoke to me today. It helped me remember that she will always be with me, watching over me and my family.
My mom and dad on Taylor's christening day.
My mom as a child, one of my favorite pictures of her.

0 comments: