Lasagna Casserole

I'm not a big recipe girl. I look what I have on hand and start throwing things together. Most of the time I do it pretty well. Here's the problem; I rarely make the same thing twice, because I don't remember what all I put in the dish. I will try to recreate it, and usually end up with an equally tasty meal but it's not the same as "last" time. So I decided I will write down my recipes. This way not only will I be able to go back and reference them, I can share them with others as well. I will warn you: I do not measure! I cook to Taste. I am a good estimator, though so you can trust my measurements and leave it up to your to taste!!



Here is what we ate tonight!

Lasagna Casserole





Ingredients:

1lb Ground Meat (I used turkey)

1lb Pasta (I used elbows!)

1 2lb 13oz jar Spaghetti Sauce

1/2 medium onion - chopped

To Taste - Garlic Powder, Salt , Pepper


Cheese Filling:

1Cup Cottage Cheese ( I used fat free)

1Cup Whipped Cream Cheese

2Cups (separated) Italian mix shredded cheese (1cup for filling, 1cup for top)

1/2 tsp each Oregano, Basil

To Taste - Garlic powder, Salt, Pepper


Preheat oven to 350*

Brown meat and onion, drain

Cook pasta according to package directions, I like mine al dente

Mix all ingredients for Cheese filling, except 2nd cup of shredded cheese

Lightly spray a 2 quart casserole dish

Mix, sauce, meat , and paste - stir well to evenly mix

Place 1/2 of pasta mix in dish

Top with Cheese filling

Add the rest of the pasta mix

Sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese (you can use more or less, we are cheese lovers! You can also use different kinds!)

Cook uncovered in oven for about 30min or until cheese is melted and pasta bubbling

enjoy!!


This recipe feed our family of 5 (that eat!) with plenty of leftovers!
I hope you enjoy this recipe should you decide to try it! I am always experimenting so check back and see what i can come up with!

0 comments: