#Boobiewed!

I just wanted to jot down a little note to remind everyone how important it is to check your breasts. It doesn't matter if your male or female, both sexes have breast tissue and therefore can get breast cancer. Early detection is key.

In my line of work, I take care of people with cancer everyday. It breaks my heart to watch a young women in the prime of her life die, because the cancer wasn't found soon enough! To watch her family as they bring in her young children to tell their mother goodbye. I have seen families in denial, because "she was healthy a month ago." I have also seen the other side. Women whose cancer was detected early enough and they are with us years later to tell about it. I have had family members die. I have had family members live.

They are making advancements in cancer research everyday. The earlier it is detected the more options there are.

Please pass the message along. It is extremely important even for teens to do their monthly exams.

Every Wednesday on Twitter a group of people, myself included, post pictures of breasts/boobs! It has been deemed boobiewed. We do it to remind everyone how important it is to check yourself. Feel free to check it out.

1 comments:

Uh oh. Last time I checked my boobies was a few months back. I'll be sure to do this on regular. These stories are sad.