Bank of America helps??

As many of you know, Kelly's identity was stolen last week. He called me on my way home from work one night in a panic, because he had tried to order pizza and our debit card was declined...from 2 different places. i pulled up my mobile banking only to find out that there was a debit of $888,888.88 to our account. there was no explanation as to where is came from. Kelly tried to call customer service and of course....they were closed. There was nothing we could do.

That empty feeling washed over me as I wondered what were we going to do. Obviously we couldn't do anything until the next business day. So we had to wait...... and as we waited i got more and more frustrated, reasonable thought went out the window....

Who the hell would try to take that much money....from not just us, but anyone....
and why had the bank not caught such an odd amount..... I pondered on this for the next 12 or so hours....

First thing the next morning after we got the girls off to school. Kelly called the bank. I was downstairs feeding the baby and started googling $888,888.88...I knew there had to be a reason it was for that amount!

At first I found info that the bank had done it because they thought someone had committed fraud. I wondered what we possibly could have done for the bank to think that we had done this. I decided to keep reading.....I found a blog posted my someone (didn't think to save the search) stating that their bank had done this when their identity had been stolen.

I had mixed feelings over this! i was glad that maybe the bank didn't think we had committed fraud, but worried about our information.

When i was finished giving A her bottle I joined Kelly to see what he had found out.

Sure enough his info had been stolen. We didn't know where or how. the bank had put this hold on our account, because they knew it was a legitimate account and they didn't want whoever this person was to be able to touch it. For this I was thankful. They credited our account for all the fees that had been acquired. Kelly went into a branch explained the situation...new account opened...old account closed....they gave us some information on what we needed to do to report the theft......we thought that would be the end of our issues...at least with the bank...

It was not....

Yesterday was payday. I had managed to stop my direct deposit (to the old account)but, they could not start the new one in time so i got a paper check. Kelly came to work to get it a rushed to the bank to deposit it in time.....We do have bills to pay people!!!

He received a notice that there a hold being placed on our account until they could verify that the check was a good one...WTH.... this is my paycheck from the big hospital that I work at...the same one that had been direct deposited into our old account for 5 years.....

I told Kelly to call to find out why and get the hold taken off ( I had to do this once before). I thought maybe it was because I have not been added to the account yet...and yes I signed the check over to him before he deposited it!

He couldn't get any info on the phone, and the branches were closed by this point so we had to wait til this morning.... Saturday morning. the worst banking day of all days.

He went into the branch thinking this would be the easiest way to handle it. It wasn't!

The person he talked to informed him that not only was there 1 hold on our account, but 2....and the account was severely in the hole. It seems that they ended up putting 2 holds on 1 check, each hold was for the amount of the check....and other transactions had gone through so lots of overdraft charges......

The guy didn't have a clue what to do about it. He said hopefully Monday night it would be reversed and both hold should be removed.....HOPEFULLY...WTF....seriously thats all the help he could be.

Kelly immediately left and called customer service. He was told by the rep that when they pulled up our account it was blocked. All that would come up was a message stating that the account holder had to go into a branch to access this account. Seriously....He told the CS rep that the branch didn't know what to do with it either.....By the time all this happened it was after 1pm and the branches were all closed

So here we are, beyond moneyless, bills due, HOPEFULLY it MIGHT be fixed Monday night....

So Bank Of America really seems to think that we are going to stick around after all this. I am greatly appreciative for what they did when they discovered my husbands info had been stolen. But it was supposed to have been fixed with our new account. Why do we have to keep jumping through hoops, why are they doing this to us. Do the not think that the stress of everything else we have going on is enough.................

Monday morning we are going to stalk every manager we can find until this is resolved.....we will then run away as fast as we can and take our money with us...........

0 comments: