What you say???

Now I know that when i have a good/funny story to tell, I never mind telling it over and over again.... To different people that is!

I was at the old house today (yes we are still rapping things up there!). When the next door neighbor came over. He's unemployed and gets lonely! he always gets so excited when we come back, cuz he has a grown up to talk to! (Like my hubby he is mostly a stay at home dad now!) So we were talking, for like an hour, and we got to talking to what happened to the lawnmower. (scroll down for that story!!) Now mind you, I have personally told him this story 3-4 times. I have heard Hubby tell him a couple of times.....how the hell does he not remember it by now.
I tell him we are going to have someone come to cut the yard because we haven't replaced the lawnmower yet...."oh yeah what happened to it?"

I had to pause to regain my composure. I expected that in that moment he would be like "oh yeah I remember"...it never happened. So I had to tell the story over again. I loose my enthusiasm after the first couple of times.

I kept waiting for an "Oh now I remember"...it never came.
I know I don't always have the best memory, but come on...
After he left (an hour + later) I got to thinking..........
....................................
.................................
.......................
This was not the first time I had had reoccurring conversations with him. I have been in his house a couple of times...he doesn't remember..... He has asked to see our floor plan several times....he never remembers it, but says he like ours better....
I kind of wonder what he did in his younger years..........

*Lawn Mower Story*
I will warn you it won't read as enthusiastically as when I tell it!!

About 2 years ago, hubby got a new lawn mower, a nice one!! My neighbor does seem to remember it being a father's day present! He might be right! (of course he remembers that!!)
So at the time i was still working night shift. I would come home around 8am and be exhausted. Back in those days I would try to work my 3 shifts a week in a row so I wouldn't flip flop my schedule too much.

Now I don't remember how many nights I had worked, but I was tired and in a hurry. I'm not for sure what I was doing. So I get out of the car and go in the house.....all of a sudden there is a loud crashing noise! I had taken 2 steps in the door....I turn around and there is my van, about 4 feet from me. It seems not only had I not turned the van off......I hadn't put in park either.

I almost got squished. luckily the lawn mower kept it from hitting the house......and of course ME. The lawn mower was pushed under the grill which finally stopped the van. In the process the handle was ripped off and the wires that connected the starter disconnected. Did I mention it had only been used for about 2 months! Hubby wasn't sure how to fix it so we sold it at a yard sale!

0 comments: